Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Running is FUN????

No running past two days.  I'm a bit surprised but very glad to say, that makes me a bit sad.  I know I have only been running a couple weeks, but I have quickly grown to look forward to abusing myself.  I am by no means saying I am a "runner", yet.  I am at this point someone who really enjoys bolting, yeah right bolting, around the neighborhood.  I have tons to learn and a lots of miles to log, but I am really excited to look down the road and see what I have in store.
I could have run one of the past two days but didn't due to weather and not having the proper attire.  Go ahead, say it, yeah I live and have live in this great Western New York weather my whole life, I can stand a little cold.  I could,  I just don't want to after the last run.   I have found I have no pants.  No not standing in front of an audience just in my undies, I have nothing to run in.  Two days I have searched for a pair of spandex like pants that I used to wear under my goalie equipment for hockey.  Sadly, not only could I not fine those hot little pants but, I cannot find my goalie equipment.  Ill have to make a missing poster.  Alright, back on course.  So, no pants = no runny runny for me.  Some one told me to go to the gym and run on the treadmill.  HA I say to that.  I am spoiled by the open road and few long weeks I have been beating a path on the asphalt.  Well, ok, I just like outdoor running better than indoor.  I have no idea what I will do next November or December.  I am still pantless and because I am a little cheap and feel the summer weather will break soon, I am not going to buy a pair.  
Now I have a bit of and conundrum, treadmill, no running or "dorm pants".  You know the plaid, cotton, drawstring pj like pants.  None of those 3 seem all that great of an idea to me.  So then it hits me getting out of my car after work tonight, heading into my abode.  Soccer socks!!!!  I have no idea why it came to me, I wasn't thinking of a solution at that point, wasn't even thinking of running.  That my friends is my world.  Random things at random times pop in my head.  Ask my family, or the poor guys that sit near me at work.  Yeah, probably scare people a bit. 
I have my solution.  A pair or two of those bad boys will cover most if not all of the leg that isn't covered by my shorts.  Sweet.  So now, tomorrow, I will run.  I am not 100% that my solution is really all that great but, it is better than nothing below the shorts or not running at all.  As I am sure you have guessed, I will let you know how I fair.  
Tonight's little post has no lesson hidden, advice, or example, unless you found one, then tell me.  I just wanted to write tonight.  I guess these are starting to be similar, the blogging and running.  I want to do more and more of each, don't care what people think of the end result as long as I can enjoy doing it.  


Once again, thanks for stopping by, I really do enjoy seeing the comments, messages and having people stop me to talk or ask about this.  Keep them coming, keep checking back and just for fun, share with someone else, either cause you found something you liked or just to say look at monkey boy hammer those keys and see the jibberish that flows from that.  And, if you don't want to comment here but want to share something, ask something or just tell me I am a clown, I have many means to get your message. In case you missed, here are links to follow, friend, +1 or message me

Have a good day - Joel

2 comments:

  1. First of all, your wife probably threw your stinky hockey equipment out (just kidding, I think). Second, I am inspired by you to keep running. You are starting to catch up to me and I HATE that so it keeps me running! I love running and you are helping me to stay motivated. I also love reading these blogs because you are a thinker but not much of a talker. It's nice to see the writer in you! Even though you get writers block! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it!!!!!! The only reason I keep running is because you make me. Kidding, I really am enjoying it, can't wait till I can run longer with a lot less to no walking. Not saying walking is bad but, I prefer the running parts. Dint worry about me gaining on you. Soon I will pass so you won't be bothered. :-)

      Delete